Tuesday, April 19

i'm ready

Lately at work, many patients bring up marriage. Don't ask me why, I don't ask them to, it has been the Topic of the Month I guess. So today, I was talking to my patient about the common conversation and she says this to me;

"Someone was made in heaven just for you, and only you. They will find you when you're ready, so take your time."

I am not looking for marriage, trust me, I'm only nineteen years old. I don't need to get married, nor do I want to anytime soon, but this statement stuck with me like gum under my worn out shoe. I thought about these sentences long and hard and eventually I came up with this conclusion;

Someone was made for me and they may find me today, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. They may find me sometime in this lifetime or even in the next. I don't know when and I don't know how. But I do know that someone was made for each and everyone of us and his name is Jesus Christ. He was not only made for us, but He lived for us and He died for us. He is that perfect someone who was made in heaven for me and you. For those people who do not know who the Son of God is or what His gospel teaches, or for those people who are struggling to walk on water, [Matthew 14:24-31] you can take your time and He will find you when  you're ready.

As for me, I will not take my time to become ready for the Savior to find me. I am starting today. No. I am starting now. And when He knocks on my knobless door, [Revelation 3:20] I will "be of good cheer and not be afraid." I won't hesitate to let Him in and when I do, I know He will never leave.

Now for my future husband; Please take your time to find me. I'm in no hurry.

2 comments:

  1. okay paige you are amazing. way to take a marriage statement and take something so profound out of it. you are amazing. yes i said that already but you get that statement twice. thank you for your example and friendship. yep i love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Paige! You are truly amazing! What a profound, spiritual and thought provoking response. It blew my mind. Paige, there is someone special out there for you, and he is going to be one lucky guy! But all in due time of course. :-) Thanks for sharing this. Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete