Wednesday, April 13

a sunny wednesday

Today was a lazy sunny Wednesday. I started out the day attempting to go to school. Made it to my first class [just barely] and was debating the pros and cons of going to my next class instead of actually paying attention. [Hey, at least I was attending class] Anyway I finally made the decision of finishing school for the day and go to my second class until my friend leans over and whispers, "You hungry? Let's go to lunch."  Ok, if it wasn't hard enough to go to class already, how can you pass up food when your stomach is making more comments in class than you are.

Being the mature young lady I am, I say, "Later. After my next class."  I mean I only had two classes today, how hard could it be to sit in two classes.

Just so you know, it's harder than you think.

My class ends with my professor explaining how to pop in a dislocated shoulder. Weirded out, I pull up my pants [the were saggin' a bit,] fix my uncomfortable shoe, haul my backpack over my shoulder, hold my breath and manage to find the guts to be strong and attend my next class... until I stomp outside. It was beautiful. It was so beautiful that the sun was shining, couples were holding hands and I caught the Spring Fever. Looking around, I realize I could not be in another classroom for an hour and a half when it looks like this outside! So, being the mature young lady I am, I ditched my second class and went to lunch. Mm mm mm mm mmmm..

I promised myself, for the rest of the afternoon I would study for finals and start writing my philosophy paper to make up not going to class. Did I do any of those things? Nope. Instead, I get home, look at the couch and study how comfy it looked.
"It's nap time anyway"  I thought.

After that well needed nap, I helped my little sister and her friends perfect their lip-sync for their school's assembly. [It's during my Friday class, so I won't be going to that one either]

For the rest of the night, I did this and that, making sure I did not make eye contact with my backpack and books. I mean I did ditch them today. They would have stared me down and made me feel guilty even if I deserved it. That would have been so awkward. Please forgive me books. I will read, mark and study you someday.

When it's not sunny.

1 comment: